Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Make Your Own Sushi Night

When I was in OT school I worked part time at a Japanese Steakhouse. It was a fun place to work, plus delicious food, but one of the best things I picked up during my tenure was how to make sushi. I was never great at it, but had the basics down and knew many of the basic rolls and techniques. I have hosted a few "Asian feast" nights with friends, practicing some rolls and pieces, but it had been awhile. We found out one of Justin's classmates and his wife liked sushi and were up for learning how to make it. I returned to the delightful Reading Terminal Market for some fresh fish and supplies and prepared for a fun night of sushi making and fellowship with friends. Everyone made their own roll with their favorite ingredients and by the end, everyone was pretty stuffed. Fun time!



No comments:

Post a Comment