Sunday, April 3, 2011

Philadelphia Zoo

Before we moved to Philadelphia, our dear friends Matt and Lauren gave us 2 tickets to the Philadelphia Zoo as a going away present. We finally put the passes to use and enjoyed a nice, sunny morning at the zoo. This zoo is America's first zoo and had a decent variety of animals to see. There was a new Avian Facility which was pretty neat, and they are putting together a hippo exhibit which should be cool. Many exhibits were empty, but I'd say we got a good taste of the zoo. Interestingly enough, no elephants. I don't think I've ever been to a zoo without elephants. Here are a few of my favorite pictures/animals. We always love the polar bears. These guys were pretty sleepy and didn't entertain us with their aquatic antics, but still amazing animals.

This tortoise looked right at Justin for the picture!



I always love the big cats and this one posed nicely.


Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment